It’s no secret that frigid winter air can lead to dry, chapped lips that may be difficult for even the toughest of lip moisturizers to penetrate. A simple exfoliator, made from ingredients found right in your kitchen, can help to alleviate the dryness and reveal healthy new skin.
– 2 tbsp regular sugar
– Olive oil
– Lip balm or your favorite lip moisturizer
1. Begin by measuring out sugar into a small bowl.
2. Add in honey approximately 1 tsp at a time, until mixture reaches a thick sticky consistency. For added moisture, mix in a couple of drops of olive oil.
3. Once the mixture is ready, apply to lips using your finger or a toothbrush. Do this over a sink to avoid a mess. Gently scrub all lip surfaces and rinse off. Finish with your favorite lip balm or moisturizer to protect fresh skin.
Recipe found online at Squidoo.
Stress often causes your skin to breakout. Try this inexpensive and easy alternative to expensive store bought facial masks to help control acne.
– 3 uncoated aspirin tablets, regular strength
– 2 tablespoons of water
– Honey or pure aloe vera gel
– Moisturizer with UVA and UVB protection, spf 15 or more
1. Place aspirin tablets together on a small dish. Pour 2 tablespoons of water over aspirin and let dissolve, gently mixing with your finger.
2. Once aspirin has dissolved into a gritty texture, add a few drops of honey and mix. Continue adding honey until mixture is slightly sticky. If you are vegan or allergic to honey, use aloe vera instead.
3. Once mixture is ready, apply evenly to clean, dry skin, making sure to avoid contact with eyes. Let set for 15 minutes, then wash away with warm water and pat dry. Immediately apply a moisturizer that contains protection against both UVA and UVB rays.
Tutorial for mask found on Youtube.