The Cyclones of the Week are five amazing swimmers who competed in the NAIA National Championships in St. Louis, MO last week. Sophomore Chrissy Fisher, sophomore Erin Lucas and senior Sophia Tuttle all made their second appearance at nationals, while this was the inaugural journey for Shayna Elbing and Catherine Stitt. For the first time in Mills College history, Mills swimmers advanced to the final round and broke 12 school records in the process. Bridget Mansell, Mill's assistant swimming coach, gushed about the trip, "Nationals this year were amazing! To see our athletes racing multiple times each day over three days, still shining and dropping time, shows the great heart and drive that they possess." said Mansell. The five also recieved the first ever NAIA/Buffalo Funds Five Star Champions of Character Award. Fisher is a Child Development major from Davis, CA, Lucas is undeclared from Stillwater, MN, Tuttle is a Public Policy major from Albany, CA, Elbing is undeclared from Pittsburgh, PA, and Stitt is undeclared from Pleasant Hill, CA.
Swim team goes to National finals
Courtesy Chrissy Fisher
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Mills students demand change and transparency from Student Financial Services and the administration
- FBI and DHS warn of continued domestic terror threats
- An in-person tour was given to UC Berkeley representatives on-campus without notifying students
- Why is Trump stalling leaving office?
- US expels migrant children from South America to Mexico