Protesters clash over Proposition 8 at the corner of MacArthur and High Streets Thursday, Oct. 23. In response to demonstrations by supporters of Prop 8, Mills students were among the opposition, holding signs that read “Vote No on Prop 8: Equality for All.” The demonstration began in the afternoon and went on past 10 p.m. Similar protests continued in the lead up to the election on Nov. 4.
Protesters clash over Proposition 8
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- As time passes, Mills loosens pandemic restrictions
- DIY Kimchi Night Fundraiser supporting North Korean Refugees
- The unlikely underdog in the fight: Following Eric Curry’s journey to the 12th Congressional District seat
- Mills College faculty levels vote of no confidence in the leadership of Provost Oparah, President Hillman, and the Board of Trustees
- Save Mills College Coalition urges Attorney General to halt and investigate Board of Trustees’ unlawful action to close Mills College