Sophomore Britania Ready (left), and junior Scottie Hall, both were participants in the Oxfam Hunger Banquet, held Tuesday evening. The event called upon participants to engage in a dinner activity to model the significant hunger issues facing our world today. Participants were separated into three groups: poor, working-middle class and elite and doled out a certain amount and type of food based on their social class. Margaret Trost from What If led the group through the activity and a discussion about the experience afterward. Vising ethnic studies professor Jose Palafox shared a few words with the group as well.
Oxfam Hunger Banquet: an Exercise of Awareness
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- I got the COVID-19 vaccine — this was my experience.
- Mills students demand change and transparency from Student Financial Services and the administration
- FBI and DHS warn of continued domestic terror threats
- An in-person tour was given to UC Berkeley representatives on-campus without notifying students
- Why is Trump stalling leaving office?