Sophomore Britania Ready (left), and junior Scottie Hall, both were participants in the Oxfam Hunger Banquet, held Tuesday evening. The event called upon participants to engage in a dinner activity to model the significant hunger issues facing our world today. Participants were separated into three groups: poor, working-middle class and elite and doled out a certain amount and type of food based on their social class. Margaret Trost from What If led the group through the activity and a discussion about the experience afterward. Vising ethnic studies professor Jose Palafox shared a few words with the group as well.
Oxfam Hunger Banquet: an Exercise of Awareness
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- US expels migrant children from South America to Mexico
- Trump is facing civil and criminal investigations
- The good trouble traitor: Ex Homeland Security Official Miles Taylor breaks his silence
- Russian hackers targeting state and local governments — could this be the start of cyber warfare?
- Iranian and Russian interference in the 2020 presidential election stealing state and local data