Sophomore Britania Ready (left), and junior Scottie Hall, both were participants in the Oxfam Hunger Banquet, held Tuesday evening. The event called upon participants to engage in a dinner activity to model the significant hunger issues facing our world today. Participants were separated into three groups: poor, working-middle class and elite and doled out a certain amount and type of food based on their social class. Margaret Trost from What If led the group through the activity and a discussion about the experience afterward. Vising ethnic studies professor Jose Palafox shared a few words with the group as well.
Oxfam Hunger Banquet: an Exercise of Awareness
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Military veterans express concerns over voting restrictions
- Developer student club at Mills aims to give more tech opportunities to students of color
- What’s really going on? The digital integrity of the American voting system and the battle Americans should brace forWhat’s really going on? The digital integrity of the American voting system and the battle Americans should brace for
- It’s time for peace – it’s time for police reform: Defund the 1033 program and demilitarize our society
- The age of ignorance; The end of election security briefings ushers in the beginning of election riggingThe age of ignorance; The end of election security briefings ushers in the beginning of election rigging