Sophomore Britania Ready (left), and junior Scottie Hall, both were participants in the Oxfam Hunger Banquet, held Tuesday evening. The event called upon participants to engage in a dinner activity to model the significant hunger issues facing our world today. Participants were separated into three groups: poor, working-middle class and elite and doled out a certain amount and type of food based on their social class. Margaret Trost from What If led the group through the activity and a discussion about the experience afterward. Vising ethnic studies professor Jose Palafox shared a few words with the group as well.
Oxfam Hunger Banquet: an Exercise of Awareness
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- As time passes, Mills loosens pandemic restrictions
- DIY Kimchi Night Fundraiser supporting North Korean Refugees
- The unlikely underdog in the fight: Following Eric Curry’s journey to the 12th Congressional District seat
- Mills College faculty levels vote of no confidence in the leadership of Provost Oparah, President Hillman, and the Board of Trustees
- Save Mills College Coalition urges Attorney General to halt and investigate Board of Trustees’ unlawful action to close Mills College