Mills hosted a luncheon to celebrate the Golden Girls, alumnae who graduated 50 years ago or more, and welcome the newest Golden Girls, the class of 1956. Approximately 50 Mills alumnae gathered last Tuesday in the Faculty Lounge for the event that happens once a year. "It's always so wonderful to come back" said Laura Anderson, '45, who attends the event every year. AAMC President Thomasina Woida, '80, also acknowledged the crowd. "You are those who keep the fire burning here at Mills," she said. "You are the ones who keep our traditions alive." The Vera Long parking lot was closed to allow the seniors easy access to the Faculty Lounge, forcing students to find alternate parking between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Mills welcomes Golden Girls
Mills College Weekly
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- US expels migrant children from South America to Mexico
- Trump is facing civil and criminal investigations
- The good trouble traitor: Ex Homeland Security Official Miles Taylor breaks his silence
- Russian hackers targeting state and local governments — could this be the start of cyber warfare?
- Iranian and Russian interference in the 2020 presidential election stealing state and local data