The College Administration is in the process of securing funding for a modified program for fostering the development of civic leadership among its students. Although this will not support the full reinstatement of the Institute for Civic Leadership program, it will provide opportunities for students who wish to participate in social justice and civic engagement activities such as service learning. These funds will also help preserve the institutional infrastructure and knowledge necessary for the College to continue its efforts to raise additional funds for a possible reinstitution of the ICL program.
From the Provost on the Civic Leadership Program
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Should we still be protesting “The Silence of the Lambs?”
- We must stop celebrating TV and movies’ sorry excuses for bisexual representation
- Staff Editorial: How the arts allow us to cope
- Staff Editorial: Scientific understanding of sex and gender has evolved, and Mills needs to catch up
- After the vague town hall about an expanded partnership with UC Berkeley worries students, President Hillman gives some straightforward answersAfter the vague town hall about an expanded partnership with UC Berkeley worries students, President Hillman gives some straightforward answers