Cecily Peters, a Mills alumna who graduated in 1988, will be the guest speaker at this year's LUNAFEST film festival. The national festival celebrates women, and will be held in the Haas Pavilion gym on Monday, January 30 at 6 p.m. Films scheduled for screening, many which have won awards in film festivals throughout the world, include Backseat Bingo by Liz Blazer, One Weekend a Month by Eric Escobar, Tahara by Sara Rashad, Blessing by Suju Vijayan, Twilight by Victoria Gamburg, Perfection by Karen Lin, Laying Down Arm by Carol Schreder, and Mabel's Saga/Le Voyage De Mabelle by JoDee Samuelson. Admission is $5 for students and $10 for general admission. Proceeds from the event will go to the Breast Cancer Fund.
Coming Up: Annual women’s film festival returns to Mills
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- What’s really going on? The digital integrity of the American voting system and the battle Americans should brace forWhat’s really going on? The digital integrity of the American voting system and the battle Americans should brace for
- It’s time for peace – it’s time for police reform: Defund the 1033 program and demilitarize our society
- The age of ignorance; The end of election security briefings ushers in the beginning of election riggingThe age of ignorance; The end of election security briefings ushers in the beginning of election rigging
- How to prepare for on-campus power outages
- Resources for DACA and undocumented students during COVID-19