Cecily Peters, a Mills alumna who graduated in 1988, will be the guest speaker at this year's LUNAFEST film festival. The national festival celebrates women, and will be held in the Haas Pavilion gym on Monday, January 30 at 6 p.m. Films scheduled for screening, many which have won awards in film festivals throughout the world, include Backseat Bingo by Liz Blazer, One Weekend a Month by Eric Escobar, Tahara by Sara Rashad, Blessing by Suju Vijayan, Twilight by Victoria Gamburg, Perfection by Karen Lin, Laying Down Arm by Carol Schreder, and Mabel's Saga/Le Voyage De Mabelle by JoDee Samuelson. Admission is $5 for students and $10 for general admission. Proceeds from the event will go to the Breast Cancer Fund.
Coming Up: Annual women’s film festival returns to Mills
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- As time passes, Mills loosens pandemic restrictions
- DIY Kimchi Night Fundraiser supporting North Korean Refugees
- The unlikely underdog in the fight: Following Eric Curry’s journey to the 12th Congressional District seat
- Mills College faculty levels vote of no confidence in the leadership of Provost Oparah, President Hillman, and the Board of Trustees
- Save Mills College Coalition urges Attorney General to halt and investigate Board of Trustees’ unlawful action to close Mills College