Cecily Peters, a Mills alumna who graduated in 1988, will be the guest speaker at this year's LUNAFEST film festival. The national festival celebrates women, and will be held in the Haas Pavilion gym on Monday, January 30 at 6 p.m. Films scheduled for screening, many which have won awards in film festivals throughout the world, include Backseat Bingo by Liz Blazer, One Weekend a Month by Eric Escobar, Tahara by Sara Rashad, Blessing by Suju Vijayan, Twilight by Victoria Gamburg, Perfection by Karen Lin, Laying Down Arm by Carol Schreder, and Mabel's Saga/Le Voyage De Mabelle by JoDee Samuelson. Admission is $5 for students and $10 for general admission. Proceeds from the event will go to the Breast Cancer Fund.
Coming Up: Annual women’s film festival returns to Mills
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- US expels migrant children from South America to Mexico
- Trump is facing civil and criminal investigations
- The good trouble traitor: Ex Homeland Security Official Miles Taylor breaks his silence
- Russian hackers targeting state and local governments — could this be the start of cyber warfare?
- Iranian and Russian interference in the 2020 presidential election stealing state and local data